Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Margaux Lange : Barbie Art

''Margaux Lange’s Plastic Body Series art jewelry collection utilizes salvaged Barbie doll parts in combination with sterling silver and pigmented resins. The series is a result of Lange’s desire to re-purpose mass produced materials into handmade, wearable art. It is meant to examine and celebrate her own as well as pop culture’s relationship with the icon known simply as: Barbie.''


Creepy , or cute... it's up to personal taste and aesthetics.But one thing  is  for sure,it's interesting.

   

9 comments:

  1. So interesting and strange and pretty at the same time! I love it! The long earrings are my favorite!
    Enjoyed browsing, and I am following you. Hope we can stay connected. :)
    xxx
    Nina
    http://trendsurvivor.com/
    http://trendsurvivor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!I'm following you too,love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute in a creepy way! I could easily wear though, the bracelet the mouth & eyes bracelet and the necklace with the smiles.
    Kisses and wishes for a beautiful year by your new follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes,i agree..plus the heart necklace!Thanks for following!& happy-creative-fashionable New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Margaux Lange’s stuff! I wrote a paper on her Plastic Body jewelry series about a year ago in college. She's quite innovative.

    ❤Sara
    Sunny Blonde Studio

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, this is such a COOL post!! Those earrins, awesome!! :o))
    Be sure to check out my reportage from the Dolls Land gallery ;)
    I got your message on IFB - I am following you there as well as here :))

    just JE NE SAIS QUOI
    Independent Fashion Bloggers
    Follow my blog with Bloglovin
    about.me/Jesika

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so clever but also creepy, as you said.
    i'd definitely get one of those heel-rings though!!

    www.sarablahblah.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Ping blog dreamhost coupon